I made some lovely tomato and chilli soup today which was great to come back to after my run. It’s got a bit of a kick because of the chilli but its full of goodness, and filling too. Why not try this one out for yourself and see what you think.
- 500g fresh vine tomatoes roasted in the oven for 30 minutes to start
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 3 leeks (chopped)
- 3 sticks celery (chopped)
- Half a chilli (chopped finely to taste)
- Half a tin of beans (try barlotti or adzuki beans)
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Dash of Tamari gluten free soya sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Add all the ingredients apart from the vinegar to a heavy bottomed saucepan and cook / simmer for 25 minutes. Add the vinegar, allow to cool then blend until smooth. Serve with chopped basil or garlic croutons. Yum!