I’m feeling inspired having spent the day will colleagues at a leadership event exploring how we can ‘be the best that we can be’ both in the workplace and at home.
The day was facilitated by the performance coach Martin Robert Hall who was full of enthusiasm and positivity.
We explored the things that stop us achieving our potential and were introduce to several models to help illustrate the key messages.
We talked through the steps below and explored how one leads on next:
- Conditioning – This is where it starts, thoughts create pathways so negative thoughts need to be changed
- Belief – We need to believe anything is possible – positive self talk can help with this.
- Attitude – Attitudes are driven by beliefs – positivity is the key.
- Feelings – These flow from our attitude and drive our behaviours.
- Performance – Every day we need to choose to be positive / great / inspirational in everything we do.
We talked about:
- Planning our day in advance
- Welcoming change
- Stepping out of our comfort zones
- Being focused
- Choosing our language
- Making time for reflection
All in all it was a great event designed to help us get the most out of our lives. You can’t ask for more than that!