I love new years day! It’s a time for new beginnings, for looking forward, for planning how to get healthier, for packing away your party shoes and putting your new running shoes on, or at least thinking about putting them on!
- Dryathlon – I had my last glass of fizz just before midnight and won’t be touching another drop for at least a month.
- I’ve registered for a 10k run at Tatton Park on 1st March with my friend Janet (it’s her first 10k) so need to get training.
- My sons gave me the Good Housekeeping ‘Super Soups; sumptuous soups for every day’ book for Christmas. It has lovely recipes so I’m going to work my way through that. Thanks Tom & Matt
- I’m doing research into mindful eating (thanks Dinah for the info) – fascinating subject, will post here when I know more.
- Practicing my yoga poses, ready for my yoga retreat! (nothing booked yet – Geraldine get yourself a yoga mat!)
- I’ve also bought my work colleagues a new year present – a pedometer each!! I do hope they like them.
This year I need to be fitter and healthier than ever as this is a big year from me, as I finish my Nutrition and Health degree and make some life changing career decisions. I’d really love to hear what your healthy plans are for the new year.
Here’s to a healthy, happy 2015.
Cheers (toasting you with a champagne glass full of fizzy water topped with a fresh raspberry).