Tomorrow I graduate from Edge Hill University with a first class honours degree in Nutrition and Health, so that makes today officially my last day as a student. Looking back over the last 3 years I’ve loved the subject, the lectures, the library, the research, the people, come to think of it everything!
My special highlights were:
- Winning a Student Enterprise Award for our Nutri-juice Health Promotion
- Spending every spare minute reading about nutrition.
- Job shadowing at Public Health England and Food Standards Agency
- Attending great nutrition events e.g. Food Matters Live` & British Dietetic Association Research Symposium
- Volunteering with Skelmersdale Community Food Initiative – such a great bunch of people.
- Being awarded an IT Scholarship by one of my heroes Edge Hill Chancellor ‘Tanya Byron’
- Getting to be a lab rat, white coat, safety glasses, bunsen burners, the lot!
- Morning Marathon training on the Uni running track – loved that they put the floodlights on for me a stupid o’clock.
- The feeling when I handed in a copy of my Dissertation: ‘An exploration of peoples knowledge of the link between diet and disease’
Below are some photos of my time at Edge Hill.
I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s graduation ceremony and then getting back to blogging about life after Uni.